East Bay Audiologists offers the latest technology in a variety of styles with many different features. We listen carefully to your hearing needs and concerns, match these with the results of your hearing test and recommend the right technology to help you hear better. Among the many factors we consider are:
- Hearing amplification needs
- Lifestyle and listening needs
- Dexterity and visual abilities
- Available budget
- Cosmetic concerns
- Skin sensitivities
- Anatomical and medical considerations
Styles of Hearing Aids
Hearing aids are worn either in the ear or behind the ear. Hearing aid price is generally dependent on the technology and the number of features provided and not the style selected. At East Bay Audiologists, we offer the following hearing aid styles:
- In-the-ear (ITE) devices are worn inside the outer ear. They are suitable for individuals with mild-to-moderately-severe hearing loss.
- Behind-the-ear (BTE) hearing aids consist of a hard case worn behind the ear and a receiver worn in the ear or in the ear canal. The components are connected by a slender tube.
- In-the-canal (ITC) devices are custom made to fit the lower portion of the outer ear. They are easy to insert and remove and because of their size, offer additional features not found in smaller devices.
- Completely-in-canal (CIC) hearing aids are worn completely in the canal and are almost invisible. They are made from a mold of the ear canal for a comfortable fit.
- Invisible-in-canal (IIC) technology is worn deep in the ear canal, past the second bend and is completely invisible to others.
Noise induced hearing loss is one of the most common types of hearing loss. Exposure to noise whether briefly or over a long period of time damages the nerve cells in the cochlea. This is preventable with hearing protection. However, over the counter solutions may not be completely effective or may be uncomfortable to wear for extended periods. East Bay Audiologists offers custom hearing protection options that safeguard your hearing comfortably and completely.
Hearing Aid Products and Accessories by Manufacturer
Bluetooth Hearing Aids
Bluetooth equipped hearing aids pair to your other Bluetooth-enabled devices. Stream the audio channel from your GPS, television, tablet or cell phone directly to your hearing aids for unparalleled audio clarity.
Oticon offers life changing hearing technology. Improve your life when you improve your hearing. Oticon makes staying connected easy and comfortable.
Rechargeable Hearing Aids
Experience the freedom of never worrying about changing batteries again. Stop fumbling with button-size batteries and battery doors. Rechargeable hearing aids use the same technology as your cell phone. Simply dock your devices in the charging station to recharge.